Tech Frederick has been formed to identify, highlight, support, foster awareness of, advocate for, and develop Frederick’s growing high tech community through community education and human resource development, entrepreneurship training programs and seminars, and related events.
Programs and events include:
- Community development programs, seminars, and other events designed to increase awareness of and access to economic and other resources available to local and high tech entrepreneurs, startups, and individual workers within or desirous to join the high tech sector
- Research and outreach efforts designed to educate extra-regional resources regarding the current and increasing viability of the Greater Frederick area as a target location for high tech companies
- Marketplace training programs designed to connect potential local and extra-regional human resources with available high-tech opportunities in the Greater Frederick Area
- Entrepreneurship programs designed to increase the likelihood of success for local high tech startups
- Training and education programs designed to support established entrepreneurs by connecting them with viable resources and strategies for supporting positive business development and sustainable growth
- Quarterly Networking Happy Hours
- Quarterly Breakfast Events
- Training & Technical Certifications (TechFrederick EARN) - The TechFrederick EARN program provides training and technical certifications to economically distressed, unemployed, and underemployed individuals in order to reenter or advance a career in the IT industry.
Techs on Loan Program
Frederick’s technology community provides technical assistance free-of-charge to Frederick area non-profit organizations to bring to life, specific projects where technology can make a difference. Efforts from this initiative are made up entirely of volunteers from the Frederick IT community.
Techs on Loan assistance includes:
- General technology assessment to help a specific non-profit develop a technology strategy roadmap which is consistent with its overall mission and strategy.
- Implementation of specific projects which are consistent with the strategy roadmap.